Yes, we are indie-friendly. And yes, we receive WAY more requests than we can handle. If you don’t hear back from us, please don’t be discouraged. We would support all authors if we had the time. 🙂
Each of our reviewers chooses what he or she reads and reviews, so we cover a wide range of genres. Each reviewer also manages his or her own reading and reviewing schedule. If you would like to request a review, please follow the instructions below.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to Amazon’s 10/03/2016 ban on incentivized reviews, we cannot post a review of your book to Amazon if we receive an ARC or book in exchange for a review. You are free to gift us the ARC or book, but with the understanding that we may or may not review it. Otherwise, the review is considered “incentivized.” This only applies to reviews on Amazon.com at this point.
1. Send your request to email@example.com. All of our reviewers will receive your email. Please include:
- Title and author — please put these in the subject line of the email.
- Genre and book description
- Is this a stand-alone book, the start of a series, or the continuation of a series?
- Links to Amazon, Goodreads, author website, any others that are appropriate.
- Review due date — Do you have a promotion going on or will the book be published soon?
- Where we can get the book — If you want, you can provide an ebook file for expediency. We promise not to distribute it to anyone but the actual reviewers. Some reviewers may ask for physical copies. See the Quick Guide below for each reviewer’s preference.
- Where else to post reviews — most reviewers post at least to our site, Amazon, and Goodreads; if others would be helpful, let us know.
- How you found us — just for our own curiosity, it’s nice to know how you found our site. 🙂
2. If the book piques the interest of one of our reviewers AND he or she has capacity, the reviewer will put it on a personal reading list. The reviewer may contact you with questions or may contact you ONLY when the review is scheduled. Keep in mind we are often booked with reviews pretty far in advance. This means it could be quite a while before you hear from us.
If you do not hear from us, you have our apologies. There just isn’t time to respond to every email or review every book, as much as we’d like to. Chances are not hearing from us has little to do with your book and more to do with our reading preferences and personal schedules.
Quick Guide To Reviewers at One Book Two
Agent Annie – not accepting requests atm
Reads: mystery, thriller, suspense, sci-fi, fantasy, YA and MG adventure, literary fiction, some non-fiction. I like books that make you think and comment on something of substance. I really enjoy audiobooks.
Avoids: romance, paranormal, YA romance.
Fickle Fiona – not accepting requests atm
Reads: mystery, thriller, suspense, chick lit, supernatural/paranormal, sci-fi, YA, and MG. I also love audiobooks.
Avoids: nonfiction, horror, true crime, erotica, Harlequin-type romance.
Invested Ivana – not accepting requests atm
Reads: Magic, monsters, and mayhem! Urban fantasy, historical fiction, magical realism, fantasy, paranormal, some sci-fi. I love audiobooks and prefer e-books in .mobi format.
Avoids: romance, erotica, most YA an NA, hard science fiction, dystopian, post-apocalyptic. I also won’t jump into the middle of a series—it never seems to work for me.
Reads: UF, YA, dystopian, MG, NA, paranormal romance, humor. I prefer physical books but will read e-books (.epub) as well.
Wishlist: superheroes!; male narrators; American Revolution/WW2 historical fantasies; zombies like Jonathan Maberry & Susan S. Dennard; high fantasy!!!; science geek characters; clones; humorous stuff!
Avoids: abuse stories and BDSM romance; Christian; cliches; star-crossed lovers (way too overdone); sappy sad stories of teens dying of cancer; political thrillers.
Reads: YA & MG, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, steampunk, sci-fi, traditional fantasy, horror, and thrillers. I prefer physical copies—digital books go a little haywire when I’m using my magic—but I will read e-books (.mobi) as well.
Avoids: Non-fiction, Political thrillers, audio books, and long drawn out books on war.
Nervous Nellie – not accepting requests atm
Reads: urban and dark fantasy, paranormal romance, steampunk, mystery/thriller. I love audiobooks.
Avoids: sci-fi, traditional fantasy, chick lit, young adult.
Percy Procrastinator – not accepting requests atm
Reads: sci-fi, fantasy, urban fantasy, thriller, suspense, paranormal. Prefers ebooks in .mobi format.
Avoids: romance, audiobooks, exercise (and books about exercise).
Ruby Lee and Lucyfer – not accepting requests atm
Reads: romance, paranormal romance, nonfiction, horror, paranormal, chick lit, and women’s fiction.
Avoids: regency romance, historical fiction, fantasy, war, sci-fi.
Vagabond Vahn – not accepting requests atm
Reads: urban fantasy, fantasy, historical fiction, political intrigue, sci-fi, steampunk, mystery, paranormal.
Avoids: teen, young adult, romance.